You have created a Developer Kit for your product and you want your developer kit to be usable by Avastar?
Here is how we can support you with that:
- We help you to define the needed sources.
- We help you to integrate your Deeloperv kit to Avastar.
- We offer Avastar related support to your developer kit users (attachment creators)
Are you interested? read on …
Most important: You can do all of this by yourself. You not even need to inform us about your developer kit. You even can distribute your ready made Avastar blend file with your product. That is all possible without any restrictions.
But if you need serious help or just want to be sure things are going in the right way, then please check at the end of this document. Yes it costs, but we believe if you ever are in need to ask us, then your issue must be very challenging.
The basic integration
You create either a collada file (.dae) or a blend file (.blend) that contains your Developer kit. This is what you give to your users.
For Collada Files
- Your Developer kit must use a compatible SL Rig (mBones)
- with the correct world orientation. (forward: -X, up: Z)
For Blend files
- Only one Armature allowed
- All Developer kit meshes must be child Meshes of the Armature
- We do not support Node based materials!
The integration file
You need to provide some technical information about your kit. Please add this information to your Developer kit documentation. We suggest you create a file named after your brand and kitname. This file contains the info as a set of parameter definitions. Aside you see an example definition file. Your users will need this.
Please also read the remarks below. The Avastar documentation contains a very detailed document about how to create your own developer kit
devkit_brand = "Belleza" devkit_name = "Isis" scale = 0.01 rig_type = "SL"(1) joint_type = "POS"(2) is_male = False restpose_type = "other-pose"(3) is_bindpose = True(4) is_edited = True
(1): Can be “SL” or “AVASTAR”
(2): Can be “POS” or “PIVOT”, we recommend you always work with the PIVOT Rig
(3): Can be “t-pose” or “other-pose”
(4): If your Developer kit restpose type is not the T-pose, but the restpose was created only by rotating the bones, then your rig is most probably good for using the bind pose option.
If your Developer kit is mostly non human and comes with a heavily edited rig with bones moved around (translation) to other places, then we recommend to not use the bind pose option to avoid issues in SL.
Distribute your Developer kit
Most important: It is entirely your task to provide the distribution of your developer kit. We do never include your Developer kit files to our products. Also note that you should distribute the config file as described above along with your devkit files.
What your users will do
- First they will fetch your Developer kit
- Then they will open your config file and manually create a new Developer kit entry in Avastar
- Finally they will use the Developer kit manager from the Avastar tool shelf
What we can do for you
- We can create the config file for you
- We can convert your Developer kit to an Avastar Rig and create the appropriate blend file
- We can test your Developer kit with Avastar to see if there are any issues with it.
If you want us to test your Developer kit and create the config file and or create a ready made blend file then you need to provide following items to us:
- The original Developer kit files
- A brief description about possible issues like for example when you have reused some bones for different purpose or when you have added your own bones, etc.
We then will review your Developer kit and either deliver the requested results, or reject the request if we can not reliably support your Developer kit.
We always first make a quick check on your Developer kit. If we believe that the Developer kit can not be integrated to Avastar in a reasonable amount of time or if we actually have no time left to do the task, then we will reject the request. Of course this does not cost you anything.
If we accept the request, then we charge a one time fee of 100 US$ to be paid in advance to our paypal account. Should we not be able to deliver a working result, then we of course will pay back the entire fee.
You must make sure that your Developer kit does not violate any license policies. We do not check on this. We work in behalf of you and we deliver only to you and to no other party. You are fully responsible should any third party license be violated either intentional or unintentional.
Machinimatrix is bound to treat any data provided by our customers as confident information without the need of any additional non disclosure agreements. If you believe that you need a more secure relationship, then this is fully OK with us. But please talk to a third party in that case. There should be others who can do this sort of task as good as we do.