You have created a Developer kit for your product and you want your Developer kit to be usable by Avastar?
Here is how we can support you with that:
- We help you to define the needed sources.
- We help you to integrate your Developer kit to Avastar.
- We offer Avastar related support to your developer kit users (attachment creators)
Are you interested? read on …
Most important: You can do all of this by yourself. You not even need to inform us about your Developer kit. You even can distribute your ready made Avastar blend file with your product. That is all possible without any restrictions.
But if you need serious help or just want to be sure things are going in the right way, then please check at the end of this document. Yes it costs, but we believe if you ever are in need to ask us, then your issue must be very challenging.
The basic integration
You preferably create either a Collada file (.dae) or (not recommended though) a blend file (.blend) that contains your Developer kit. This is what you give to your users.
For Collada Files
- Your Developer kit must use a
compatible SL Rig (mBones)
- with the correct world orientation.
(forward: X, up: Z)
- A configuration file that contains
all important information about your Rig
(see further down)
For Blend files
- One Armature per Blendfile
- All needed Developer kit meshes must be
child Meshes of the Armature
- We do not directly support materials definitions
The configuration file
Distribute your Developer kit
Most important: It is entirely your task to provide the distribution of your developer kit. We do never include your Developer kit files to our products. Also note that you should distribute the config file as described above along with your devkit files.
What your users will do
- First they will fetch your Developer kit from your distribution server
- Then they will open the Developer kit Manager in Avastar
- Finally they will load your configuration file into the Developerkit Manager. They only need to configure the exact location of the configuration file on their local file system.
What we can do for you
- We can create the config file for you
- We can convert your Developer kit to an Avastar Rig and create the appropriate collada file
- We can test your Developer kit with Avastar to see if there are any issues with it.
If you want us to test your Developer kit and create the configuration file and or create a ready made collada file then you need to provide following items to us:
- The original Developer kit files
- A brief description about possible issues like for example when you have reused some bones for different purpose or when you have added your own bones, etc.
We then will review your Developer kit and either deliver the requested results, or reject the request if we can not reliably support your Developer kit.
We always first make a quick check on your Developer kit. If we believe that the Developer kit can not be integrated to Avastar in a reasonable amount of time or if we actually have no time left to do the task, then we will reject the request. Of course this does not cost you anything.
If we accept the request, then we charge a one time fee of 100 US$ to be paid in advance to our paypal account. Should we not be able to deliver a working result, then we of course will pay back the entire fee.
You must make sure that your Developer kit does not violate any license policies. We do not check on this. We work in behalf of you and we deliver only to you and to no other party. You are fully responsible should any third party license be violated either intentional or unintentional.
The Avalab team is bound to treat any data provided by our customers as confidential information without the need of any additional non disclosure agreements. If you believe that you need a more secure relationship, then this is fully OK with us. But please talk to a third party in that case. There should be others who can do this sort of task as good as we can do.